Parents / Spectators have a great influence on children’s enjoyment and success in football. All children play football because they first and foremost love the game – it’s fun.
It is important to remember that however good a child becomes at football within our club it is important to reinforce the message to parents / spectators that positive encouragement will contribute to:
1. Children enjoying football.
2. A sense of personal achievement.
4. Improving the child’s skills and techniques.
A parent’s / spectator’s expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child’s attitude towards:
1. Other players.
We ask that all parents / spectators within our club are always positive and encouraging towards all of the children not just their own.
Sutton Juniors FC parents / spectators shall:
1. Be their child’s best fan.
2. Help their children keep their priorities straight by maintaining a focus on schoolwork, relationships and other things in life besides football. Also help them fulfil their obligations to the team.
3. Applaud the opposition as well as your own team.
4. Avoid coaching the child during the game.
5. Not shout and scream.
6. Respect the referee’s decision.
7. Give attention to each of the children involved in football not just the most talented.
8. Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football.
9. Agree to club codes by signature of club/player/parent agreement.
10. Keep football in its proper perspective and HAVE FUN.
Let the children play, coaches coach, referees ref and the managers pick the team